01 Sep Bress Focaccia Recipe
We are sharing with you our most popular Bresstaurant recipe, our Bress Focaccia.
Makes: 2 large loaves. This dough can also be frozen.
– 625mls warm water (30 degrees C)
– 100ml olive oil
– 20g salt
– 1kg organic baker’s flour
– 10g yeast
-100ml warm water (30 degrees C)
– Additional extra virgin olive oil (EVOO) for lightly wetting the dough
- Switch on the kitchen oven at 250 C
- Place the ingredients in the above order into the mixing bowl and mix on speed level 1 for 10 minutes or until it comes away from the side of the mixing bowl.
- Add the additional 100ml of water and mix until the dough comes away from the mixing bowl.
- Remove the mixing bowl including the mixing arm and place somewhere warm (next to the oven is good).
- Cover the dough with a tea towel and let prove for 90 minutes.
- After 90 minutes put the bowl back on the mixer and mix for 1 minute to remove the gas.
- Let prove for another 20 minutes and then remove the dough and divide it into 2 equal portions.
- Rub each dough with a small amount of EVOO to wet the dough and to stop it sticking.
- Place the individual dough onto a flat pizza tray and lightly spread with fingers.
- Every 15 minutes x 2 times lightly spread the dough across the baking tray.
- Once proved place the trays into the oven at 250 degrees C and check every 5 min until golden but not overcooked.
- Once out of the oven, brush the loaf with EVOO and lightly sprinkle salt flakes across the loaf.Enjoy with gusto!